Bangalore (Bengaluru), the capital of Karnataka state, India, reflects its multi religious and cosmopolitan character by its more than 1000; temples, 400 mosques, 100 churches, 40 Jain derasars, three Sikh gurdwaras, two Buddhist viharas and one Parsi fire temple located in an area of 741 km of the metropolis.
Iskon TempleSri Radha Krishna Temple has deities of Radha and Krishna located at Rajaji nagar, in the North Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is one of the largest ISKON temples in the world. ISKON Temple was inaugurated by the president of India – Shankar Dayal Sharma. ISKON Bangalore celebrates festivals that are either related to avatars of Lord Vishnu or with Vedic culture
Banavasi TempleIt is an ancient temple town in Uttara Kannada District bordering Shivamogga district in the South Indian state of Karnataka. Banavasi is the oldest town in the karnataka state. It has grown up around the Madhukeshwara Temple built in the 9th century and dedicated to Lord Shiva. The supreme God in Shaivism, a major branch of Hinduism. Banavasi is surrounded by forest area and villages, with the Varada river flowing around it on three sides. It is located 374 km from Bangalore.
Murudeshwar TempleMurudeshwara is a town in Bhatkal Taluk of Uttara Kannada district in the state of Karnataka, India. Murudeshwara is another name of the Hindu god Shiva, famous for the world’s second-tallest Shiva statue, the town lies on the coast of the Arabian Sea and is also famous for the Murudeshwar Temple. Murudeshwar has railway station on Konkan railway route. This temple is built on the Kanduka Hill which is surrounded on three sides by the waters of the Arabian Sea.
Tipu’s PalaceTipu Sultan’s Summer Palace was the summer residence of the Mysorean ruler Tipu Sultan. It is located in Bangalore, India. Its construction was started by Hyder Ali within the walls of the Bangalore Fort and completed during the reign of Tipu Sultan in the year 1791. After the death of Tipu Sultan in the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War, the palace was used by the British Administration as Secretariat before moving to Attara Kacheri in 1868. Today it is a tourist spot located at the center of Old Bangalore near Kalasipalyam Bus Stand and maintained by Government of Karnataka.
Bull TempleBull Temple, One of the oldest and beautiful temple in Bangalore. This is almost 400 years old temple built during the time of Kempe Gowda the founder of Bangalore. As the name says Bull, the temple is dedicated to Bull/Nandhi/Basava the mount of Lord Shiva, The Bull/Basava measures 15 feet tall,20 feet long and also the name for the locality ‘Basavanagudi’ has come from this temple.
Lal BaghLal Bagh or LalBagh Botanical Gardens, meaning The Red Garden in English, is a well known botanical garden in southern Bangalore, India. The garden was originally commissioned by Hyder Ali, the ruler of Mysore, and later finished by his son Tipu Sultan. It has a famous glass house which hosts an annual flower show. LalBagh houses India’s largest collection of tropical plants, has an aquarium and a lake, and is one of the most tourist attractions in Bangalore.
Ulsoor LakeUlsoor, or Halasuru, is one of the biggest lakes in Bangalore, is located on the eastern side of the city. It is spread over 50 hectares (123.6 acres) and has several islands. It is renowned for its numerous temples and rather narrow streets. The Ulsoor Lake was built by his successor, Kempe Gowda II, and the only surviving tank built by the Gowda kings in Bangalore. Even though the lake is dated in Kempe gowdas’ time, the present lake was created by Sir Lewin Bentham Bowring, the Commissioner of Bangalore.
Cubbon ParkCubbon Park is a landmark ‘lung’ area of the Bangalore city, within the heart of city in the Central Administrative Area. Originally created in 1870, when Major General Richard Sankey was the British Chief Engineer of Mysore state, it covered an area of 100 acres and subsequent expansion has taken place and the area reported now is about 300 acres.It has a rich recorded history of abundant flora and fauna plantations coupled with numerous impressive and aesthetically located buildings and statues of famous personages, in its precincts.
Vidhana SoudhaThe Vidhana Soudha, located in Bangalore is the seat of the state legislature of Karnataka. It is an imposing building, constructed in a style sometimes described as Mysore Neo-Dravidian and incorporates elements of Indo-Saracenic and Dravidian styles. The construction was completed in 1956. The foundation was laid by the Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru on 13 July 1951. The Vidhana Soudha has four floors above and one floor below ground level and sprawls across an area of 2,300 by 1,150 feet (700 m * 350 m). It is the largest Legislative building in India.
The Public Utility BuildingThe Public Utility Building (Also known as Subhash Chandra Bose Public Utility Building) is a skyscraper on Mahatma Gandhi Road. A large part of the scenic beauty of Bangalore, India can be seen from the top floor the building. It is one of the tallest buildings and a major commercial center of Bangalore. It stands at 106 metres and was built 44 years ago. The architect of the building was Atul Sharma and the structural engineer was Kamal N Hadkar.
The Visvesvaraya MuseumThe Visvesvaraya Museum in Bangalore is situated at Kasturba Road in the sylvan surroundings of Cubbon Park surrounded by stately buildings like Vidhana Soudha, High court etc. It is located at a distance of 5 km from City Railway and Kempe Gowda Bus station. It is the prime attractions of Bangalore and is one of the units of National Council of Science Museums an independent organization under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Mahatma Gandhi RoadMahatma Gandhi Road also known as M.G. Road in Bangalore, India. It runs east from Trinity Circle at one end to Anil Kumble circle at the other end, Known as South Parade in pre-independence era, it was renamed as Mahatma Gandhi Road on 26 February 1948. M.G. Road is also one of the busiest roads in the city and is lined on one side with retail stores, food outlets and restaurants. It has many office buildings, shops and theatres. It is also a home to a large number of buildings and banks. M.G. Road now has its very own Metro Railway Station.
Venkatappa Art GalleryVenkatappa Art Gallery is on the Kasturba Road and walkable from M.G. Road. This place hosts various photo and painting exhibitions. This place is dedicated to one of the great painters Venkatappa, who is born to a family with a lineage of painting. This great artisan works are displayed in one of the buildings at the ground floor. All his paintings and art work gives attention to the minutest of the details, be it the portrayal of Lord Shiva or the painting of the monsoon or the picturesque landscape.